Welcome to our blog!

I have decided to start a blog as a way to keep the people we love up to date on what is happening in our lives. Really, it's a way for me to keep friends and family in the loop on what is going on with our son, Maddox. Being that everyone is scattered all over the place, I felt that this might be the best way. I will try to keep things as up to date as possible. Feel free to visit, leave comments or completely ignore it. Enjoy!

Friday, April 17, 2009

Feb and Mar 2009

I keep swearing that I'm going to get better at posting and I get worse and worse. The past couple of months have been pretty busy. Stefan and I travelled to Whistler, BC in Canada for our friends wedding allowing Maddox to have a week with Nana and Aunt Kathy. I think Maddox had a great week and I know Nana and Aunt Kathy were exhausted by the end of it. He really tuckered them out, but I think they had a good time with him.

Whistler was amazing, the skiing was awesome. They say it's the best in North America and I believe it. It looked like a postcard and was so much fun to get away with some of our friends. Rich and Gillian's wedding was a blast. I have posted a link to the pictures from there in our Photos section.

Maddox has continued to become more and more like a little kid and less like a baby. It's been fun to watch, but a little sad as well. I'm glad that he can do more and more on his own (feeding himself, walking all over, climbing stairs, etc) but he is starting to develop a little too much of an independence streak. Definitely starting to get an attitude of "I want it now and if you don't get it for me, I'll get it myself". We can no longer really "hide" things up on the counters as I found one day when he moved a kitchen chair over to the counter and climbed up onto the counter. He loves to open doors and drawers and pull out anything and everything. It's definitely becoming more and more of a challenge. I'm sure it'll continue to be so...ahhh the joys of parenting a toddler...

No comments: