Welcome to our blog!

I have decided to start a blog as a way to keep the people we love up to date on what is happening in our lives. Really, it's a way for me to keep friends and family in the loop on what is going on with our son, Maddox. Being that everyone is scattered all over the place, I felt that this might be the best way. I will try to keep things as up to date as possible. Feel free to visit, leave comments or completely ignore it. Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

He talks (sort of)

Maddox finally started to really talk in the past few weeks. He's not holding actual conversations (at least not in English as I understand it), but he is starting to say a lot more words and use them in the correct context. Curiously, he will not say "yes" or "no" to Stefan or I (he'll say it to anyone else apparently) he will just nod and shake his head. He does love saying "Hi" and "Bye" and "Ooooo" to everything. He's said "Peez" (please) and "Thanka" (thank you) and he does a little "uch" sound in the right context...wonder where he got that one from :). He apparently says "more" all the time, however I have yet to catch that one. He's said "I know" and "ok" and other such things. It really is amazing to me how one day they just start saying things. He's starting to understand a lot more too like when I start counting he better stop whatever it is he's doing. I'm really excited for him to start actually conversing in full sentences although like all other milestones, I'm sure I'll regret it once we get there. Such is life :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh.. don't rush it girlie. You'll be saying.... "will you ever stop talking! So fun to watch them grow. It's amazing what they will come up with! See you and sweet Maddox soon.