Welcome to our blog!

I have decided to start a blog as a way to keep the people we love up to date on what is happening in our lives. Really, it's a way for me to keep friends and family in the loop on what is going on with our son, Maddox. Being that everyone is scattered all over the place, I felt that this might be the best way. I will try to keep things as up to date as possible. Feel free to visit, leave comments or completely ignore it. Enjoy!

Friday, April 17, 2009

Preschool and The Wiggles

One day a few weeks ago, Maddox was having a morning meltdown and I was furiously looking through the TV guide to find something on TV to keep him occupied while I cleaned up breakfast and got lunch ready. I stumbled upon The Wiggles on Playhouse Disney channel and an obsession was born. Maddox absolutely adores this show and it's rapidly becoming the only thing that he wants to watch ever. He tries to sing and dance along to the songs and actually does his pouty little fake-cry when the ending song comes on. I'm actually very surprised he's taken to it so well. I guess there are worse things he could be into.

Our other little piece of news is that after having Miss Whitney for a year and a half, we decided the time was right to start Maddox in Daycare/Preschool. We definitely miss Miss Whitney a ton and thank her for all her wonderful time taking care of our little rugrat. Maddox started at the Goddard School on April 6th and seems to be doing really well. He gets along wonderfully with all his little classmates (especially his friend Mitchell who we've known for a long time) and his teachers, Miss Sally and Miss Sabrina. He tries to work me a little bit when I drop him off in the mornings and bursts into tears when I pick him up, but he's certainly getting used to it. I think it's a good move for him at this point. He definitely needed the interaction with other children. He had school pictures this week which I'm told turned out awesome, so I'll post them when I get my hands on them. Definitely a big change for us, but I think he's doing very well.

No comments: