Welcome to our blog!

I have decided to start a blog as a way to keep the people we love up to date on what is happening in our lives. Really, it's a way for me to keep friends and family in the loop on what is going on with our son, Maddox. Being that everyone is scattered all over the place, I felt that this might be the best way. I will try to keep things as up to date as possible. Feel free to visit, leave comments or completely ignore it. Enjoy!

Friday, February 13, 2009

Vegas baby!

The last weekend in January had me joining Stefan out in Las Vegas for a little weekend getaway. Stefan had been in Vegas since Monday morning of that week (hence us having to leave Adam and Randi's fabulous wedding a tad early on Sunday night) and I joined him on Friday afternoon. Whitney graciously came over EARLY on Friday morning to watch Maddox until Mama Les was able to get over and pick him up. Maddox had a great weekend with Mama Les and Grandpa Bill...I think he especially enjoyed eating ice cream with Grandpa Bill :). Mama Les took him to the Ge's Chinese New Year's Party that Saturday night and he apparently had a blast. Not surprising since he can't seem to get enough of running around and playing with older kids. Anson Ge is a year and a half to 2yrs older than him, so I'm sure he spent most of the party chasing him around. He loved eating all of the home made Chinese food Lea and Haijun cooked up for everyone and had a great time all around.

Anyway, I arrived in Las Vegas around 12pm and immediately headed to the spa at Caesar's Palace. It was a fab way to relax and start my weekend...nothing like a Swedish massage to start a weekend away. As soon as I got done, Stefan had just arrived back at Caesar's from the International Builder's Show (what he was there for for work). We got cleaned up and headed to check out how much has changed in Vegas since I was there last (here's a hint...everything! Unrecognizable from 4yrs ago). We had a fabulous dinner at Bradley Ogden in Caesars. It was amazing! I highly recommed it to anyone interested. After that we headed out to gamble. We met up with a collegue of Stefan's and his wife and found a cheap blackjack table to park ourselves at. A few hours and $300 later we decided it was time for a Denny's run. We had a great time that night and headed back to Caesar's for some sleep.

Saturday morning, I woke up early and wandered around to get some breakfast. I found a great coffee place in Caesar's and got some coffee and food and planted myself in the Sports Book to watch all the games going on (Duke vs. MD got most of my attention). Stefan and I had lunch at Mesa Grill (Bobby Flay's restaurant) and headed to the strip to take a walk. The weather was amazing (upper 60's and sunny) and we had a great time walking all over. We headed back in time to get ready for dinner at Kraft and the Cirque show at MGM Grand. Dinner was honestly the best steak I've ever had in my life. If you ever get the chance to go to Kraft Steakhouse in the MGM Grand...go...order the Kobe Skirt Steak and be amazed. The Cirque show was great and after winning back $50 at the blackjack tables, we headed back to Caesar's to call it a night. Sunday morning we got breakfast, placed a Superbowl bet at the Sports Book and headed to the airport.

Definitely a necessary break and a great time :).

No comments: