Welcome to our blog!

I have decided to start a blog as a way to keep the people we love up to date on what is happening in our lives. Really, it's a way for me to keep friends and family in the loop on what is going on with our son, Maddox. Being that everyone is scattered all over the place, I felt that this might be the best way. I will try to keep things as up to date as possible. Feel free to visit, leave comments or completely ignore it. Enjoy!

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Another Year Older

On Jan 15th I turned 33yrs old...it really sucked. I'm generally not someone that's too concerned with my age, but this year I just feel old. What made me freak out the most was filling out an online survey for work that day and noting that I'm only 2 short years away from checking the "35 to 40" box. It's really strange since I swear I still feel like I'm 15yrs old.

My friend Meredith invited Stefan and I out for dinner the Saturday night before my birthday since her husband Harry's birthday is right around mine (I think he's the 14th, but I can't swear to it). Whitney graciously agreed to babysit Maddox while Stefan and I headed out for a nice dinner at Parish in the Highlands. Dinner was great (I highly recommend the short ribs...very yummy!) and between the 4 of us we had 2 bottles of wine. So we decided to go out for a bit longer before Stefan and I headed back to suburbia. Harry and I thought we randomly picked a bar in the Highlands and when we walked in a bunch of our friends were there to celebrate with us. Stefan and Meredith had planned it as a suprise for us and it was a great time.

Some of our friends decided that in addition to all the wine that I should have a few shots. Mind you, I can count on one hand the number of shots I have had in the 10yrs since I graduated college. I think I only did 3 total washing them down with a few Miller Lites. Needless to say I was a bit toasty and rather enjoyed running to the car in the torrential downpour that ensued. I didn't throw up, but I was in bed that Sunday until almost 5pm. Small price to pay for a great night. Dorothy, we're not in our 20's anymore!

No comments: