Welcome to our blog!

I have decided to start a blog as a way to keep the people we love up to date on what is happening in our lives. Really, it's a way for me to keep friends and family in the loop on what is going on with our son, Maddox. Being that everyone is scattered all over the place, I felt that this might be the best way. I will try to keep things as up to date as possible. Feel free to visit, leave comments or completely ignore it. Enjoy!

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Beyonce

Maddox has discovered a new woman in his life and it's not Miss Whitney (his nanny). Maddox absolutely adored Beyonce. Stefan TIVO's Saturday Night Live every week and started watching the one with Paul Rudd and Beyonce one afternoon with Maddox while I was out running errands. Apparently as soon as Beyonce came on and started singing, Maddox was absolutely transfixed. Her second song, "Single Ladies", had him up and dancing so of course Stefan replayed it a dozen times that afternoon.

While we were at my parents house for Thanksgiving, I was giving Maddox breakfast one morning and my mom had the Today Show on in the other room. Guess who was the musical guest...Beyonce. As soon as she started singing, Maddox practically jumped out of his booster to go and see her. It was unbelievable. Ever since, we replay Beyonce singing "Single Ladies" on SNL probably 4 times a day...he absolutely loves it. Whenever we're in the car and he hears any of her songs, he smiles and starts dancing in his car seat. It's really funny because he does not react that way to anyone else. There are definitely worse things out there for him to love...it's a good thing I like her music :). One of these days when I get my video camera working I'll post a video of Maddox dancing to "Single Ladies", it's priceless!

1 comment:

Heather said...

O.K.. that is hilarious! Landon and I randomly sing out "if you like it, then you shoulda put a ring on it.. uh uh oh... around the house and you can only guess you sings it now. Her nanny LaNae told me one day she sang that out at her house and she about died. :) Love it!!! I am sure LB would love Maddox to share his videos.